Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13...

And, today's projects isn't one that I had planned on starting during the challenge. It's a freebie pattern, that goes with the book The Mitten by Jan Brett. Pam, had sent this to me for Christmas a couple years ago. My daughter loves the book, but I never got around to stitching the chart. The photo doesn't show the fabulous sparkle on the linen.



I help in my daughter's Kindergarten class on Wednesdays. Yesterday, while I was there, the teacher read The Mitten to the class for the third day in a row. The class is learning how to "retell a story, without having to read the book to someone", and they're learning the difference between a fiction and a non-fiction book. Kindergarten is so different than when I was in Kindergarten. I know that I didn't learn the difference between fiction and non-fiction when I was five-years-old. Jan Brett happens to be the favorite author of daughter's teacher. The month of February, the class is having an author study on Jan Brett. Again, I know that I didn't have an author study in Kindergarten. I'd like to have the project finished, so my daughter can share it with the class when they read The Mitten again next month.

I did find my skein of Weeks Dye Works Monkey Grass yesterday. I'd given up hope, and had planned on picking another up at my LNS later this week, if I could find the time to run into that side of town, so I was glad to find it.

It's hard for me to believe that it's already day 13 out of 15. I'm looking forward to next week, when I might actually have a couple of finishes to show!

1 comment:

The Queen Bee said...

I'm glad you had a reason to start that piece. With the number of color changes it's overwhelming! My kids also loved that book.

Kindergarten is just a glimpse of how different school is these days!!

Pam