Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sad News....

I was deeply sadden today when a stitching friend let me know of the passing of designer Lisa Roswell - http://morningjournal.com/articles/2011/03/01/news/doc4d6cf04830ff6655864007.txt. I always enjoyed receiving photo Christmas cards from Lisa, that showed a wonderful happy family.

My stitching friend and I were members of an on-line stitching group, going back to 2000, that Lisa was also a member of. We were a small group that all shared the love of stitching. We are a much smaller group today, and we keep in contact through Facebook now.

I had the pleasure of meeting Lisa in person, before she was a designer, at a market day event held at a cross stitch shop in Ohio. I'm so thankful that I was able to meet Lisa, and I'll treasure our get together even more after today.

I'm feeling the desire to pull out one of Lisa's designs and starting it today.

My thoughts and prayers are with Lisa's family.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Yes, this is just so very sad. It also makes me angry that this happened. I wish they had had the foresight to close the roads. Many roads in our town were closed yesterday due to flooding.

I didn't know Lisa and don't even own any of her charts, but I feel heartbroken.